For women traveling alone this brings its own set of opportunities and challenges. Being able to go where you want, do what you want, when you want has to be balanced with feeling lonely, conspicuous about eating alone and appearing friendless. A ‘must have a holiday’ mindset can be the catalyst for your first lone travel experience. If you lack suitable travel companions it can be a question of stepping out solo or not having a holiday at all. Traveling alone need not be lonely and can be great fun. Do not be reluctant to travel just because you are on your own. Just remember the following tips and your holiday will go with a swing.
1. Do your research. Always contact your or find a Luxury travel advisor or consultant.
2. Invest in a pair of luggage scales. Most tour operators get commission on excess baggage and costs are excessive. You will also be more confident knowing you can manage your bags comfortably.
3. Get advice about the best credit/debit cards to take abroad from https://moneysavingexpert.com. There is also a useful tool for finding the best exchange rates which will make your hard earned cash go further.
4. If you need to arrange transit to and from the airport arrange this with the hotel. It may cost a bit more but it is much safer and the drivers will be insured. It is also much nicer when you arrive alone, to have someone waiting for you.
5. When packing, roll your clothes up. You will get more in your case and your things will crease less. Knowing you are looking your best will make you feel more confident about meeting and chatting to new friends.
Traveling alone can be a wonderful experience. With solo traveling you will meet many new people and your confidence will go through the roof. Try it.
When you’re ready to book or need more information, just give our Luxury Solo Travel Expert a call at 1-866-784-2111, or contact us click here to begin planning your trip. Luxe guarantees you’ll always receive the BEST Service and the BEST value — you can count on it!
Let’s get acquainted!
Would you like more tips for women traveling alone?
Opt in and receive our free insider secrets vacation planning guide on How To Getting Backstage Pass Treatment on Luxury Vacations – Yours Free!
Plus our weekly newsletter on luxury women travel, including exciting updates, special offers just for you, insider tips, important information, and much much more.
I love traveling. It is a passion of mine–even as a child I would day dream about far away places. After raising my daughter, I found myself a empty nester, widow, retired, and searching for a new quest in life. Travel has always been there for me when I wanted to escape and get away from it all. I have experienced traveling with other women and alone because after several years of traveling with my husband, I became a widow with time to travel but my friends and family are often not able to come along. So I established a travel business to help other women who were ready to travel or who life may have thrown them a curve because they have gone through a lose of a spouse or partner, divorced, or she may be a caregiver needing a escape, or feeling a little neglected because their husband is not able or not willing to come along experience the same connection, freedom and rejuvenation I did traveling with other women traveling together or Solo.